To provide Mad Flowers products and services, we must process information about you. We fully respect your right to privacy and endeavour to be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information we will collect and how we will use your information. Any personal information you provide to Mad Flowers shall be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679).
What information do we collect?
- IP Addresses
We collect IP addresses from visitors to our Website (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet). This allows us to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries. We analyse this data for trend and statistics reasons, such as which parts of our Website users are visiting and how long they spend there.
- Registration Process and Profile
If users wish to utilise certain services located on specific sections of the Website, they are requested to create an account. Services that currently require some form of sign up include:
- Participation in competitions / promotions;
- E – mail newsletters from the Website (you may opt out from receiving these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com).
To register as a user of such services you need to provide us, at a minimum, with your name, phone number, email address and a password. We may also ask some further questions, so we can gain a clearer understanding of what you are interested in, in order to personalise the service we provide to you. You can update your personal information held and change your stated interests. and whether or not you wish to receive correspondence from us. You may unsubscribe from the e-newsletter and other updates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask different questions for different services, including competitions. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Mobile Devices
Applications developed in connection with the Website for mobile devices will operate and capture information as set out above. Applications developed by us but deployed on other platforms such as social media channels may provide feedback to us on activity and usage specific to a user.
Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- Payment Information
We handle your payment securely by using Realex. Your payment details are required to meet contractual obligations.
- Personal Information of the Recipient
We collect names and postal addresses of the recipients which you supply to us when you engage our services.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we have (subject to choices you make where appropriate) as described below:
- To fulfil your order
- To provide products/services and customer support;
- To send you marketing information about our products/services. You may opt out from receiving these communications at any time;
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer, including this Website;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- To comply with any legal obligations for the purposes of good governance or regulatory guidance with respect to applicable law ;
- To comply with legal claims or related guidance by our advisors
- To contact you for administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, or in response to a question that you ask us);
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
Where we wish to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we seek your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this document.
How is this information shared?
We may disclose your personal information to any company or other corporate entity under the control and direction of Mad Flowers.
We use service providers to help us run the Website and services available on the Website and support our business. Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual obligations to ensure that your data is protected in compliance with data protection legislation and is not used for any other purpose.
We do our utmost to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of the security technology: we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information; and we ensure that when we outsource any processes that the service provider has appropriate security measures, however, please note that this Website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties who have their own privacy policies, including cookies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third-party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Lawful Bases for Processing
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described above:
- as necessary to fulfil our Terms and Conditions (contractual obligation);
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with any legal obligations for the purposes of good governance or regulatory guidance with respect to applicable law;
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, personalized, safe, and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
Exercising Your Rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the following rights:
Right to access the data – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification- you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information.
- Right to erasure – you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in such marketing communications.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details set out below.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
If you are unhappy with how we process personal data, we ask you to contact us so that we can rectify the situation.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission.
Data retention and deletion
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence, as needed to provide our services to you and for as long as we have a legal or business requirement to do so. This includes data you provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our services.. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal data, however, the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 7 years after the last contact with you or purchase by you. The time period for retention will depend on applicable laws, rules or regulations that we are required to follow, whether there is an ongoing request or query or other type of legal claim or dispute, the type of information we are holding and whether we are asked by you or a regulatory authority to keep the personal data.
Disclosing Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal data to anyone without your prior permission unless required to do so by law or to initiate legal proceedings against a person or persons who are suspected of infringing rights or property belonging to Mad Flowers. We reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
The data controller responsible for your information is Mad Flowers, which you can contact at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The Irish supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org.