Think Pink – MAD Flowers Joins the Fight against Cancer
It’s the beginning of October and people from all around the world are focusing their attention on Breast Cancer Awareness Month. According to the National Cancer Registry, every year around 3,200 women are diagnosed with breast cancer. This means that 1 in 10 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in Ireland in their lifetime.
In 2017, MAD Flowers will join the Fight against Cancer. It’s essential to increase awareness about the importance of early detection and raise funds for organisations that offer vital support for those who are going through this battle.
The Marie Keating Foundation does excellent work, completely free of charge. They benefit not just people who are currently receiving treatment for cancer, but also their families. They have initiatives such as the Comfort Fund, which provides financial assistance to individuals who are under treatment and, as a result, are in financial difficulty. The Marie Keating Foundation also provides:
- Survive & Thrive – Survivorship Courses for men and women who have been treated for any type of cancer.
- Mobile Information Units which travel around Ireland to spread the message about cancer prevention and early detection.
- Schools Cancer Awareness Programme – A programme for secondary school students with a module on how to cope if someone close to you is diagnosed with the disease.
- Positive Living – Six-week courses for men and women living with metastatic/advanced cancer.
- Ask the Nurse – a free, confidential Ask the Nurse service.
Click here and find out more about their services.
To help us in this great mission, we chose the Pink Rose & Lily Bouquet. Designed with pretty pink roses, scented lilies, gypsophila, & Irish foliage. For each Pink Rose & Lily Bouquet sold, MAD Flowers will donate €2 on your behalf to the Marie Keating Foundation.
Join us in this fight! Send a bouquet to someone you love or is going through a hard time. Click here to buy & donate.
Your Donation Matters - Your donation will help us reach more people with the life-saving message about cancer prevention and awareness. The Marie Keating Foundation accepts single or monthly donations. Your contribution can ensure that a cancer survivor receives vital practical and psychological support. Visit their website for more information.