Marie Keating & Mad Flowers – Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
This Monday, October 1st, kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the most important time of the year for fundraising. Every October people come together from around the world to “think pink” and donate or fundraise to this important cause. In Ireland, over 3,500 women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year, effecting women of all ages and impacting the lives of their friends and families.
MADflowers are very proud to become a Pink Partner of the Marie Keating foundation. Each year we donate a portion of our pink bouquet to the Foundation, supporting their work ongoing work in providing breast cancer awareness.
The Marie Keating Foundation does excellent work, completely free of charge. They benefit not just people who are currently receiving treatment for cancer, but also their families. They have initiatives such as the Comfort Fund, which provides financial assistance to individuals who are under treatment and, as a result, are in financial difficulty. The Marie Keating Foundation also provides:
• Survive & Thrive – Survivorship Courses for men and women who have been treated for any type of cancer.
• Mobile Information Units which travel around Ireland to spread the message about cancer prevention and early detection.
• Schools Cancer Awareness Programme – A programme for secondary school students with a module on how to cope if someone close to you is diagnosed with the disease.
• Positive Living – Six-week courses for men and women living with metastatic/advanced cancer.
• Ask the Nurse – a free, confidential Ask the Nurse service.
Mad Flowers has decided to help through our Pink Wink bouquet, which is down from €79 to €49, starting October 1st for the entire month. This is a wonderful assortment of hand-picked rich and elegant colours, with tireless effort put in to each single flower placement. We are proudly donating €3 from each purchase of this bouquet to The Marie Keating Foundation for the month of October. Make sure you join the fight against Breast Cancer this October with Mad Flowers and The Marie Keating Foundation.
What your Donation Means: Your donation helps The Marie Keating Foundation reach more and more people to spread awareness of Breast Cancer in Ireland. Visit their Cancer Services section here to understand what impact your donation will have. You can also make a one off donation here to the Foundation.